Thursday, October 13, 2005

It's been a long time...

Too long...but that's ok. What school and life doesn't take out of me, work seems to zap the last bit of energy out me. It makes me yern for the easier days in Europe. They have the right idea over there. There isn't so much of an emphasis on achivement and success...not that these things are a bad things. Europeans focus more on the quality of life you live. This isn't measured in pocessions and money, but on experiences and friends. In the old country, there isn't such a competitive spirit...I guess they just figure that things will work out in the end. Still, I'm fitting nicely back into my American lifestyle. I bought a new car taking way too many classes and working way too much. Life is busy and exciting and every day presents a whole new set of challenges and problems to solve. I've also been thinking a lot about my faith. It seems like, in the last several months, my faith has developed into a tradition. It's a difference I feel every time I dip into the bucket of doctrines that my church exhalts. Faith is probably the wrong word too. Faith assumes belief and I don't know how much of that I have left. Still, I don't feel empty. Instead, I feel liberated....human. I know I still harbor a seed of belief. Some things I'll never give up. I wonder...exactly when was it that God just wasn't enough. Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

At 12:21 AM, Blogger Taylertravel said...

YOu probably won't notice this seeing as how all the other comments are spam, but I'll try anyway. How the heck are you anyway? I haven't heard from you, besides your comment on my blog. You prolly already know that we had a good time traveling, and it looks like you did too. So we're in Charlottesville and I'm doing my Ph.D. here in materials science and Kaycie is trying to decide between a Ph.D. in Neuroscience and a P.A. Life is fun and busy. I'd love to hear what you're up to, I only got a little from your blog. Post a comment, or better yet, send me an email.

Merrill

 

Post a Comment

<< Home